Friday 8 March 2019

Current painted miniatures part 1

This is where I have got to so far. Most have been painted in the last 12 months, the exceptions are the GW goblins and dwarves painted a decade or more ago. With some of these there will be more info on in future posts as I develop some back storys for them.
These are my three starting adventurers. These are Mithril M112 Northman Bard , M111 Dwarvish Scout and M135 Laketown Adventurer. I particularly enjoyed painting the dwarf and the bard.


Here we have two version of  Mithril  Bards  M235 and M132 , my intention is to use these as laketown archers as the era of my games is when Bard is already King of Dale. The second picture shows M131 Master of Laketown and M133 Laketown Guardsman , the Master will represent the new Master of Laketown after the events of the Hobbit story.

This is Mithril M377 Faramir and M202 Ioreth the healer. I was thinking I may use these as a ranger and as a civilian in Rangers of the Shadow Deep, I painted the Harlequin Faramir at the same time using the same colours(see below)

Mithril M203 Townsfolk. Depicting a peddler and a academic from Gondor, will be useful for civilian figures

Mithril M38 Smuggler and M15 Northman Scout

Mithril M204 Gondorian Nobleman and M34 Silmarien the Mage . Silmarien is a MERP creation , I will possibly use these two as man and wife in scenarios , they are possibly both grasping there divorce papers however. I was a bit concerned before I started on Silmarien, its a early miniature and it looked a bit ropey but I am pleased how she came out. The nobleman took a  bit of time to rescue, the fine details on the jacket were obscured somewhat, firstly by Mithrils annoying undercoat and second by a possible heavy coat of base paint, best I can say is it works ok from a distance.

Mithril M218 Outlaw of Teiglin , M91 Woodmen Elder , M192 Hundin the Bandit Chief. Hundin is a MERP character , apparently Chris Tubb  sculpted Hundin to look like a friend, I think it looks like John Treadaway who is well known in wargaming circles and edited the Tengwar the early Mithril Fellowship newsletter, but I am just speculating.

Mithril M37 Curpurse , M305 Hithaeglir Northman Adventurer and M128 Boromir. Boromir is the only Mithril miniature that I painted in the ate 90's that I did not strip back. He is ok from a  distance and will be a general character, there is another Mithril Boromir I far prefer should I want a mini to represent him.

Finally for this post , here we have a  Harlequin  Gimli and a Harlequin Faramir, painted for Rangers of the Shadow Deep . I really like the Gimli , unfortunately he does not scale well with the Mithrils in build although he is actually a bit shorter.
I shall do a second post shortly to finish my current painted miniatures 



No comments:

Post a Comment